Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to guests of our In-Person Tours:
- If your trip start date is MORE than 30 days away– an initial deposit of 50% of your quoted trip price is necessary to confirm your booking (the remaining 50% to be paid at least 30 days prior to your departure).
- If your trip start date is LESS than 30 days away– FULL PAYMENT of your quoted trip price is necessary to confirm your trip booking.
If for any reason it is necessary to cancel your trip with Akwesasne Travel, please be aware of our cancellation policy:
- More than 45 days prior to trip start date: Any cancellation fees, surcharges, or nonrefundable deposits charged to Akwesasne Travel by individual hotels or other third parties will be charged. Additionally, a cancellation fee of 10% of the total trip cost will apply. The remainder of any deposits paid to Akwesasne Travel will be refunded.
- 45-15 days prior to trip start date: Any cancellation fees, surcharges, or nonrefundable deposits charged to Akwesasne Travel by individual hotels or other third parties will be charged. Additionally, a cancellation fee of 25% of the total trip cost will apply. The remainder of any deposits or payments paid to Akwesasne Travel will be refunded.
- Less than 15 days prior to trip start date: No refunds can be issued for trips canceled in this time period. All payments made to Akwesasne Travel will be retained.
Occasionally it may be deemed necessary to make changes to your tour and Akwesasne Travel reserves the right to do so at any time, and you will be notified of any changes at the earliest possible opportunity. If a major change to your tour is necessary, provided it does not arise from circumstances beyond Akwesasne Travel control, you may choose (i) to accept the change of arrangements (ii) to purchase another tour from us or (iii) to cancel your tour.
GENERAL REFUND POLICY
All refunds are made in accordance with our Cancellation Policy outlined above. In addition, please be aware that any additional bank transfer or credit card fees to issue the refund will be deducted from the total amount.
Additional refunds CANNOT be made for “no-shows” or any unused part of an itinerary whether voluntary, caused by airline delay or cancellation, or any other factor beyond the control of Akwesasne Travel. This includes, but is not limited to: acts of God (sickness, injury, poor health, weather, etc.) strike, detention, riot, war, quarantine, theft, civil disturbances, public health emergency including a pandemic, government regulations or restrictions, third-party or subcontractor negligence, or any other. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred due to delay or change in schedule or other causes.