Mohawk Cultural Tours
Immersive, Indigenous Cultural Tours Hosted by Experts
Akwesasne has many stories to tell.
From the ancient art of basket making to the traditions of lacrosse and music, Akwesasne has a rich culture waiting to be explored.
Akwesasne Travel tours offer a rare opportunity to learn about authentic Native American culture firsthand, with the people who know it best. Our hosts are ready to share their knowledge, expertise, and stories with you.
Browse Our Cultural Tours
- From Pre Contact to Present Day: A Tour of Mohawk Life Learn about life in Akwesasne before the arrival of European settlers and how the Mohawk experience has changed over time.
- Come Weave With Chill Baskets Akwesasne is known for its phenomenal splint basketry. Experience the art of traditional Mohawk basket making with a master weaver.
- From Log to Lacrosse Stick: A Factory Tour Go inside a wooden lacrosse stick factory and witness the ancient art of stick making with a member of Akwesasne’s storied lacrosse community.
- Akwesasne Mohawks: A Cultural Tour Explore the Akwesasne Cultural Center, home to thousands of artifacts that tell the fascinating story of our people and celebrate the enduring Mohawk culture of Akwesasne.
- Plant Medicines: Gift from the Land Engage your senses on a serene walk through an herbal medicine garden with a traditional knowledge holder and savor teas made using locally harvested blends.
- Fire Loom: The Art & Beauty Beaded Belts Discover the technique used to make wampum belts and learn from a Mohawk designer how to make a beaded bracelet on a loom.
Our tours are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Custom itineraries and private tours are available upon request.
- Private group tours
- Team-building activities
- Pre- and post-conference activities
- Couple and family activities
- Social events
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and availability.
If you can’t make it here in person, check out our virtual tours. Dive into local culture, explore the roots of our traditional foods, experience stunning Indigenous art, and see how Mohawk lacrosse sticks are made during these live interactive online sessions hosted by experts from Akwesasne.